The DBIUA has been up and running for about 3 years now, and way back when we decided to use Ubiquity gear in our network for a various reasons, mainly their AirMax M5, M2, and M900 stuff. We also used the 5 port toughswitch in all our relay point locations.
As time has gone on, Ubiquity has continued to evolve their product line. And my new favorite product is the EdgePoint Router, specifically the EP-R6. It is just a little larger than the toughswitch we are using in our relay boxes, but it’s so much more capable than the toughswitch, and will allow us to rework our network to make it much easier to manage.
We are in process of switching out (ha, ha) all the toughswitches with EdgePoint Routers over the summer and doing some work to simplify our network so we don’t have to program manual routes in all our radio’s.
As part of this change, I’m setting up a test network in my garage to be able to try out the different settings we will need to modify, so we can make sure we don’t accidentally brick a radio that is up in a tree when we do the real updates.
Once I get this network up and running, I will post again here showing the test network, which will give you an idea of all the pieces and parts you need to build out your own network.